The real heart of Morocco is Marrakesh and the Souq (market). The smoke, the aroma, story tellers, snake charmers, performers, the music – you feel like you are in a trance.
Although we can’t travel to Morocco, we were able to somewhat replicate the aromatic, spicy feeling in our kitchen. Today we will explore an exotic Moroccan lamb tagine recipe.
Check out the Ultimate Holiday Jewelry Trends & Gift Guide for 2024 for the trendiest jewelry gifts.
Moroccan Lamb TagineCourse: Entree, DinnerCuisine: MoroccanDifficulty: Easy
Tagine refers to a North African cooking pot with a conical lid used to prepare spicy, aromatic stews and meat dishes. This is a Moroccan lamb tagine that captures the spirit of an aromatic Moroccan cuisine.
1 Rack or Lamb (8 pieces)
2 Carrots, chopped in large chunks
2 Potatoes, chopped in chunks
1/2 Onion, sliced
1/2 tbsp french ginger, minced
2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 yellow squash or zucchini, chopped
1/4 cup garbanzo beans
1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 package @ziyad Liyye seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp smoked Paprika
Pinch of saffron
2 cups Couscous (cook with chicken stock)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season sliced lamb rack with @ziyad Liyye spice and salt and pepper. Season each side and rub in the seasoning
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Sear the lamb in the skillet for 1 min on each side. Sear the lamb only enough to brown the sides but do not cook through
- Remove the lamb from the skillet and set aside
- Add a bit more olive oil in the pan and sauté garlic, onions and ginger until onions are translucent. Add the rest of the vegetables and mix. Season with 1 tsp liyye seasoning, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Add a 1/2 cup of chicken stock to deglaze the bottom of the pan as the vegetables cook. Cover and cook for 15 min
- Add 2 cups couscous or a couscous mix to the Tagine (read packaging directions to confirm amount of liquid to add). Add vegetables from pan, add chopped dried apricots, add garbanzo beans, stack lamb chops and pour 2 cups chicken stock. Add a bit of fresh mint
- Cover Tagine and set on a baking tray. Bake at 400F for 45-50 minutes (do not preheat oven and let Tagine slowly heat up with oven)
- Garnish with fresh mint, slivered almonds and serve with a side of plain yogurt
Looking for the perfect gift idea this holiday season? Try this free Gift Suggestion Tool. Giftly.ai is an intuitive tool personalizes gift suggestions based on a person's interests and your budget, streamlining your shopping experience. Try it now, and experience the ease of finding the ideal gift in seconds!
Check out the Ultimate 2024 Holiday Tech Gift Guide. Find the coolest gadgets for every tech lover.