Red Snapper with Persian Sumac Recipe
Baked Red Snapper with Persian Sumac Recipe
This dish took me back to the coastal fishing villages on the Mediterranean Sea. The aromas of the red snapper fish, the marinade and the fresh herbs filled my kitchen. If we can’t travel and bask in the sun of those beautiful seaside towns, why not bring that feeling, flavor and ambiance to your table? This beautiful red snapper platter looks like it took all day to prep, but with my marinade, Persian Sumac and Turkish wheat pilaf, it took just a few minutes!
Wild Garden Persian Sumac Red Snapper Recipe
Red Snapper Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 lbs Red Snapper (2 large whole fish)
- 1 package @wildgardenfoods Persian Sumac Marinade
- 2 bunches of parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon Slices
- Fresh herbs (thyme and parsley)
- Wash fish really good with water and half a lemon. Drain. I used two large and beautiful red snapper but this dish can be made with trout, branzini, bass or any other whole fish!
- Pour Wild Garden Persian Sumac marinade over the fish. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Mix 2 bunches of chopped parsley, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 tsp sumac, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the parsley mixture inside of the red snapper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
- After the fish has marinated for 30 minutes, wrap each fish individually with parchment paper and then wrap each one with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 400 F until fish is flakey.
- This depends on the temperature of your oven, mine took about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh herbs.
Turkish Wheat Pilaf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package @wildgardenfoods Wheat and Tomato pilaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish (parsley and thyme)
Prepare Turkish Wheat Pilaf
- Set a round 11 inch cast iron skillet on the stove on medium low heat.
- Sauté the onion and carrots in the olive oil for 10 min on medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 package of @wildgardenfoods Wheat and Tomato pilaf. Add dried mint
- Sauté until warmed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve as a side to your favorite dish!
You May Like