Aren’t men the most difficult to shop for? I bet they say the same thing about women. That is why I picked the brain of my number one man to come up with some ideas for this year’s gifts!
Gift guide for men 2017
- Clothes that are in style from stores they wouldn’t normally shop at.
- Exotic coffee/foods (dates, chocolates, Arabic coffee): I love getting him things from Cost Plus World Market. They have a food and drink section from all around the world. One of his favorite things are coffee beans that he can grind himself. Here is one of the best coffee grinders: Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr.
- After-shave/cologne that spouse picks out. You can go smell each one at the store, but I find that always burns out my senses. I just read the descriptions and reviews and pick one that will appeal to both of us! 🙂 Check out the men’s section at one of my favorite stores. You can even sort them out by “best-selling,” “top-rated,” and price.
- Luxury item – Get them something that they would not buy for themselves. A nice luxury watch, like a Shinola, is awesome because they are made well, vintage inspired and best of all it’s made in Detroit.
- Nespresso coffee machine that makes espresso. Nothing like an afternoon pick-me-up, even if they are not a coffee connoisseur.
- Leather laptop bag for work. It really makes someone look put together when all their paperwork, files, or laptop are stashed away in a nice-looking bag. He may think he does not “need” it, but it is professional, sophisticated and trendy at the same time.
- Basic set of weights for the home gym. It does not have to be fancy. Just some basic dumb-bells with different weights is a great idea.
- Shop Vac – My husband loves his Shop Vac! He uses it to give a good, deep clean for his car (and mine) and for many other things – garage, basement, etc.
- Beard/body hair trimmer.
- Outdoor hiking backpack.
I know this post is for 10-gift ideas, but I could not help but add a few extra favorites!
I hope this list helps in shopping for your man this season! Good luck!
Things to avoid:
- Utilitarian items (bike helmet)
- Gift cards
- Things he can easily get at Costco (belts, socks)
- Avoid getting hobby items you don’t know much about (scotch)