4 4.5 oz fresh lobster tails (or previously frozen tails)
2-3 celery stalks, finely chopped
1/4 cup light mayo or avocado oil mayo
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
2 tbsp Chives, minced
Lemon zest of 1/2 lemon
(Optional: 2 tbsp minced red onions or shallots)
2 tbsp melted butter
Salt and pepper
2 cups shredded lettuce
4-5 good sub buns
- Fill a large steam pot with water a third of the way and place steam basket on top. Once the water starts boiling, add the fresh, raw lobster tails to the basket. Cover and steam cook for 8- 10 minutes (the lobsters will change color from brown to a bright red/orange). Then remove lobsters from steam pot and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the Mayo, celery, lemon juice, chives, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste (and optional onions or shallots).
- This is a good time to toast your buns in the oven.
- Split the top of the lobster tail with a knife and use a fork to get all the lobster meat out of the shell. Chop lobster meat into large chunks and add to the celery/mayo mixture.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the melted butter on the inside of the toasted sub buns.
- Arrange sandwich with lettuce and a few scoops of the lobster meat!
- Serve with hot French fries and enjoy!